Friday, November 1, 2019

Expanding the Schultze-Böhnstadt Universe

I've been getting back to Maurice for a little while lately, and I've got some plans concerning these imaginary 18th century nations.

You are all familiar with the old world map I've been using, the one which was created in Hexographer. Now I would like to do a new, extended one on paper that would include further away nations from the central continent. I would then create armies for them in the usual 6mm scale and customize each to play with Maurice.

On the main blog I'm on to naval themed things, and I could do so with this one as well. As most fleets would be small, early 18th century naval combat could be simulated with Fighting Sail or Galleys and Galleons.

So the old nations so far spoken of are:
Schultze-Böhnstadt (somewhat similar to Brandenburg-Prussia and Saxony)
Flosse (similar to Austria and the rest of the HRE dominion)
Glambria (similar to Bourbon France)
Armagnac (basically a separate Huguenot French country)
Quattro Formaggi (Italy)
Varangia (Sweden)
Leuwenthaal (Netherlands)

And the new countries would be:
The Great Empire of Tekirdag (Ottomans) and it's derivatives on The Continent of Rot
Medvetland (Russia)
The Rebel Provinces (Hungary and Transsylvania)
The Kingdom of Island Nations (United Kingdom)

There were plans for some of these as well earlier - I have a GNW Russian army disguised as the Army of Leuwenthaal, and also a complete Ottoman Turk army at my disposal.

I shall be working on the complete map this weekend whilst figuring out international relations between the new kingdoms and the old.




No comments:

Post a Comment