Thursday, October 5, 2023

Now On To the Technical Part

So for the next Schultze-Böhnstadt project, which I expect will take quite a long time, I'm going to use 1/72 WAS/WSS/SYW figures, mainly Strelets and HäT ones, as those seem to be available within the EU at a reasonable price.

All figures (except command vignettes) will be placed on 80mm wide and 60mm deep bases, which is quite large if you think about it, and my table size is not so big, but I wanted big battalions instead of the traditional 'six guys taking the regimental standard for a walk' impression.

Infantry will be arranged in the following manner:

  • Regular infantry: 8 figures in two ranks plus one or two officers / sergeants / standard bearers per base, so a four-base unit should be about 36 figures
  • Irregular infantry and militia: just as the same, with six figures in two ranks, so about 28-30 figures per four base unit
  • Cavalry: three figures per base, twelve per unit
  • Artillery: a single gun and crew per base, reversed (60mm wide, 80mm deep)

The four-base unit is standard for Maurice, but with such base sizes I can reduce or increase the number of bases within a unit just fine. Maurice calls for deep rectangular or square bases, but worse had happened.

I will soon try this out with the figures I have in my possession.


No comments:

Post a Comment